A rather dull worKLOG. This is just a scratchpad for solutions to IT problems that might be useful to someone else. Expect no opinions, no brilliant insights and definitely no pictures of pets or children. Expect stack traces, code snippets and other hints for the Google Indexer.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Moving mail to gmail

I've decided to move completely over to gmail so that I don't have to configure my mail clients to deal with umpteen different accounts. I also want to store all my legacy mail so it's all searchable in the one place. How do I upload my Thunderbird mail files to gmail?
This: http://www.marklyon.org/gmail/download.htm seems to do the job. It's a small python app that goes through your Thunderbird mbox files and forwards them all. It's slow, and it's going to mess up your emails' timestamps, but it does the job.